Omedia Pty Ltd (ABN 51 138 611 239) trading as Workdynamic Australia (Workdynamic) is a specialist employment law and investigation firm.
This Policy sets out what personal information we collect, and how we use, disclose and secure that personal information. It also sets out mechanisms for you to access and correct your personal information, and what complaint procedures are available to you if you feel we have breached our obligations.
We may amend or update this Policy at any time and will publish the amended policy on our website.
This Policy does not apply to the collection, use and disclosure of employee records of our current and former employees.
3. Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
a. What personal information is collected and held?
Personal information that Workdynamic collects and hold could include but is not limited to:
- Name, contact details and billing information.
- Personal information that you provide when using our website.
- For job applicants: We may also collect your qualifications, experience and reference and background checks.
- For participants in investigations: We may also collect information from you that is relevant to the investigation or matter we are advising on, which may include ‘Sensitive Information’ such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information or genetic information. This information will only be collected where it is directly relevant to the investigation or matter.
b. How will we collect and hold your personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Communicate with us, including in person or via email, telephone or our website.
- For job applicants: We may also collect personal information when you email us a resume or application. We may also collect information from third parties when conducting reference and background checks.
- For participants in investigations: When we conduct interviews with you, ask you follow up questions or otherwise communicate with you. We may also be required to collect personal information (including Sensitive Information) about you from other people for the purposes of conducting and advising on the investigation and associated matters.
c. What are the purposes for us collecting and using your personal information?
We may collect personal information about you for the following purposes and uses:
- To provide you with services, run our business and operations and fulfil our obligations, including under letters of engagement with clients.
- To communicate and manage our relationships with you.
- To contact you about our services, special offers, promotions, newsletters, online surveys, events and news.
- To maintain and update our records.
- To improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses, enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf and maintain and develop our business systems, including testing and upgrading them.
- We use information collected from and about participants in investigations for the purpose of conducting and advising on investigations and associated matters.
- For job applicants: We may also use your personal information to assess your suitability for employment with Workdynamic.
d. Who will we disclose your personal information to?
Workdynamic may disclose your personal information to:
- IT system administrators who assist us; including those who maintain our IT systems and websites and store our data.
- Third party service providers that assist us with services such as archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website or technology services.
- Credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies – for example if you default on payments due or to obtain payment from you.
- For participants in investigations: We may also provide your personal information to other people for the purpose of conducting or advising on the investigation or any associated matters.
- For contractors and suppliers: We may also provide your personal information to the Australian Taxation Office, superannuation fund trustees and administrators.
4. Storage and security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is held securely. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss or destruction.
We store your personal information in hardcopy and/or electronic form, and we protect your personal information through physical security and computer and network security. We also store some personal information with third-party data storage providers, who also employ a range of security measures to protect such information.
5. Are we likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients?
No, we are not likely to disclose any of your personal information to overseas recipients.
6. What choices do you have?
You may choose not to provide personal information to Workdynamic at any time. However, this may mean we cannot provide some or all of our services to you or continue our relationship with you. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us please ‘unsubscribe’ or notify us in writing that you don’t wish to receive these offers.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to the Workdynamic Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below.
7. How can you access your personal information and correct it?
You generally have a right to request access your personal information and to request its correction from us. There are certain exceptions which apply, including for example where providing such access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
You can request to access your personal information that we have on record about you, or request that we update or correct that personal information, by writing or emailing:
Suite 1101, Level 11, 37 Bligh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
We will need to verify your identity before giving you access or correcting personal information.
We will provide you access to personal information in the manner that you request, if that is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. If we are not able to provide that information in the way that you request, we will write to you and explain the reasons for this, and we will take reasonable steps to give you access to your personal information in an alternative manner that meets your needs and ours. We will also inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
We will not charge you an application charge for simply requesting access to your personal information. However, depending on the complexity of your request, we may charge you a fee for processing the request including costs of postage, and staff costs in searching, locating and retrieving the requested information. We will ensure that these costs are not excessive.
In certain instances, we may refuse to give you access to your personal information. In these circumstances, we will write to you to explain why we have refused access, and inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
Where you request for us to correct personal information we hold that you believe is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, or misleading, we will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible. You will not be charged for making that request, or for any work we conduct in correcting the information. We will take reasonable steps to correct that information once we are satisfied that that information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If we refuse your request, we will write to you and explain why we have refused, and also tell you what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
8. How can you make a complaint against us for a breach of your privacy, and how will your complaint will be handled?
You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or if we have breached our obligations.
If you have a complaint, you should write to the Workdynamic Privacy Officer, whose details are set out above.